Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Screams on the surface


Feeling dizzy and thirsty, the flower emerges and I feel awake...
Tired and lonesome on the heat of the night, a young man seeks shelter.
Regarding flowers on the abyss, the lost pigeon, finds a place where to put its wings on; shrieks at the sunset, while dreams of escaping to an ocean.
Tears are soft towards the young man’s eyes and face, whistling softly against the wind he screams: Let me fade out, release me, put the bell on.
I suddenly gaze at a couple of subjects trading hats and putting them on their respective heads, people are struggling on the street, while I watch myriads of roads that seem not to go to anywhere.
Alone and confused, the young man has lost his cause to fight, we starts shivering in the wind, pouring thoughts in the rain, emerging in the night like a lonesome owl.
The pigeon flies searching the promised land, seeks completeness, in a land vile and cruel.
I suddenly feel aghast with all the pages on my brain and start to close my eyes softly, shutting the eyes, opening the mind, I sense trouble in the air, I see a married couple fighting over nothing, an ant lost in its anthill, a maze of labyrinths in sensed music.
I try to scream but my mouth is mute.
The young man, seeks food for his stomach, he doesn’t sleep or eat, he’s tired, ragged clothes all over, pleasure on his mind, only dreams to feed on.
The pigeon is still flying around, watching the sea beneath him and the stars above him, he senses freedom, he eats some lost grain on a valley and then returns to its flight, viewing other birds in the sky, he ignores them and let them pass.
Wie kann ich das sagen?!! Qu’est ce que je veux faire?!! 
:demands the bird, while its wings are tired and its eyes are soaked.
I dream and start to believe in previous nightmares; why should I awake?!! 
Why must I live?!!
The young man is running around from house to house, from bed to bed, always kicked away : I must sleep; I must eat; je veux parler; je veux rever.
Then in a sense of order I realize that one plus one makes three and begins its clear ascent.
While the fog’s passing by; the pigeon has lost its directions, he’s senseless on the air.
The young man hears noise on the top floor, a couple fucking like they were meant to be machines and he doesn’t understand it he questions himself: “ where’s the oil?!! Where’s the screws?!! Where are the tools?!!” ; he tries to seek answers, while his mind starts to spread quietly around and the drawers start to open, one by one.
I open my eyes and see boredom in people’s minds, pleasure on the decay of others, people skinning each other alive, lost garbage on lost avenues.
See a dog wandering around, smiling at other species, I sense peace and protection on its eyes. 
See lost cats fighting for a cause, fighting for freedom and I realize that form isn’t everything, spirit’s all.
The young man has lost his magic touch and screams, while shivering.
The pigeon is lost and falls at the ocean, where he finally gets some rest.
I start to wonder where am I and fall asleep again, seeking completeness, sensing grey all over, I shut my eyes and sleep without even blinking.

No comments: