Friday, February 16, 2007

Vast sea


Regarding the endless horizon, I watch seagulls screaming and echoing, frame upon frame on my mind.
Buildings are multi coloured and I sense a peculiar mood in my inner thoughts.
Seagulls are passing by and they tell me:
Watch us fly, feel the wind caressing our wings.
I wonder quietly, I know the streets, I know people, I know thoughts; I know where ideas merge.
I venture into its vast depths and I talk loudly to the fishes:
- What are you doing?!
They answer me with lots of bubbles, coming out of their mouths:
See us swimming; regard the texture and all the colours in us, watch our eyes, are they in deep despair or are they merely observing life as a simple thing?!
Once again, I don’t know what to answer them; since I can’t find words for the simple things in life, then, while I’m on my inner thoughts the bridge starts talking to me:
I travel fast, I support human agony and all the vehicles that you built, so that you can be more happy and still I’m here, listening to old fools, always complaining about the weather, time, money, work and life in general and to each one of them I dimply say; don’t rush, don’t panic, life’s simple and everything has its own purpose; I don’t read or write or listen or watch anything, I simply exist and I’m always here and very calm.


I simply think on what the bridge’s saying to me and I believe in it truly, while I continue to burn a few cells on my brain, I don’t know what more to do or say, I regard myself speechless, then, all of a sudden, all the buildings in the city start talking to me at the same time:
This is our purpose, you’ve built us, but for what?! 
So that we can always listen to eternal words; day after day; years upon years?! 
Must we collapse, so that you can understand our meaning and all the joys that we passed to you; for longer years than meets the eye?! 
Can’t you figure accurately what we have endured, so that we could understand you and remain calm, despite all your bad moods?!
Speechless once again; I remember those words hammering my head and I smoke a cigarette and try to think in something else, but the strokes, headaches and pain are still with me and I try to understand all of this, while listening to voices, muttered by beings like myself, without me noticing either, I hear the elements speaking to me:
Feel my embrace, feel the hiss on your ear, pump oxygen into your nostrils, breathe in and out, spread yourself into our arms, live, enjoy: They scream.
Regardless of whatever they say; I listen to the rare waves that circle a calm tempest, observing and detailing everything, something to be watched as a census of not being with a balance that can’t be measured, step after step, I look at the bridge, I scent its inner thoughts within me, I see fishes everywhere, the seagulls are always echoing on my mind; the building starts to be constructed in me as thoughts remain a quiet calm; the sea’s still there as a treasure is being folded, like an origami to be built; all the pieces of vanishing ink start to look at me as a senseless disguise of matter over form.
Sense tenderness and caress, play with a child’s wonder, endure smile upon smile; while lips are being sewed; sense no panic, see little sparkles of water falling on me, sense the endless atmosphere breaking down on my knees and whispered words are carried on the wind; on a peculiar basis, nurture thoughts of water over the bridge, the seagull’s lament; the speech made by fishes and with a stroke of light, I awake on my bed, hugging tight my pillow and searching for water and pills.
I went up and down; I smiled and I cried, I listened to an endless journey of foxes breathe; I’ve seen smoke; I’ve sensed colours; the sheets cover me up till my head, they put me headless when they say:
Don’t leave us anymore.
My pillow is soft and salt’s being spilt on her and she whisper:
I understand it all, I’m here with you.
The bed doesn’t screech once and quiet as a mouse, I’m being told:
We’re made of wood, but fire shall not walk with me.
Once again, I don’t know where or who am I; stories many told, they say, I smile madly and I enter into another state; into another frame that isn’t captured.
Leaves are decaying and I see brown, where green used to be, despite all this, I continue my journey.

No comments: